Come July, the new normal for education will require us to reboot all we’ve known about school education: An engaging classroom, buzzing corridors, and in-person teacher-student communication.
While everybody seems to associate virtual learning with the new normal, it certainly isn’t the whole story of education. Virtual learning has become a key element of learning, but there are other facets to pay attention to while defining the new normal.
We conducted 3 sessions with industry experts to find answers to the WHAT? WHY? and HOW? of schools reopening.
Session 1- 30 May, 2020
This session will be moderated by Arunabh Singh, Chairman UP (West), FICCI Arise and Director, Nehru World School, as Preeti Hingorani from Cambridge University Press joins him to set the context with key global learnings.
Mark Beales, Head of Senior School, AIS in Vietnam brings in his thoughts on re-opening of schools post lockdown. Meanwhile, Naga Prasad Tummala from People Combine and Abha Adams, Ramya Venkataraman bring perspective on going back to normalcy from a school and teacher training point of view.
Session 2- 3 June, 2020
Session 2 of this webinar series will offer insights on ‘Innovative Practices to Re-build Equity & Inclusive Programmes for Effective Education’.
Raghav Podar, Chairman-West Zone, FICCI ARISE and Chairman, Podar Group of Schools led the session as moderator.
Preeti Hingorani, VP – Brand, Cambridge University Press joins him to share global learnings on innovative practices.
– Dr. Joseph Emmanuel, Director – Academics, CBSE
– Dr. Abdulla Rasheed Ahmed, Minister of State for Education, Republic of Maldives
– Dr. Bijaya K Sahoo, Chairman-East Zone, FICCI ARISE and Chairman, Sai International School, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha,
– Lt. Gen. SH Kulkarni (Retd), Member, FICCI ARISE and Director, Mayo College, Ajmer
Session 3 – 10 June, 2020
In our final session, our esteemed panel offers insights into the most important aspects of teachers and classrooms.
Dr. Arunabh Singh, Chair-UP (West), FICCI ARISE and Director, Nehru World School began the session with welcome remarks. Preeti Hingorani, VP – Brand, Cambridge University Press, followed by setting the context for this session.
Dr. Ashok Pandey, Member, FICCI ARISE and Director, Ahlcon Group of Schools led this session as the moderator.
The Panel –
– Dr Swati Popat Vats, President – Podar Education Network and President – Early Childhood Association India
– Rabeena Singh, Cambridge International Coordinator, The Shri Ram School, New Delhi
– Kavita Sanghvi, Principal, SVKM CNM School, Mumbai
– Soniya Mawani, Head of Primary School – Shiv Nadar School, Noida
Schools Post-Lockdown for me means…
Hear what school post-lockdown means for school leaders, teachers and students in their videos here