Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Team Cambridge
      Keymaster

Exchange strategies for conducting formative assessments in Science to gauge student understanding, identify misconceptions, and provide timely feedback to support student learning.

jayalaxmi.kulkarni
      Participant

For a formative assessment where students are learning about lab instruments and their uses, ensure that multiple interventions of exposure are given through ‘hands on, minds on’ activities followed by conducting the assessment.
      Place the instruments in one tray.
      Place the labels of their names in another tray.
      Let students be given some silent writing task and then one by one be called to place a label for the right instrument alongwith explaining its use.

saimapatloo
      Participant

Somes simpler strategies for conducting formative assessments in Science:
      1.Exit tickets
      2.Quizes and Polls
      3.Peer assessments

GayatriKar
      Participant

I need to understand the assessment for Global Perspectives and Research (AS/A Level)
      Kindly guide how should i approach the essay paper and the Research Report and how are we facilitating these components in classroom.

mohdaquib
      Participant

Formative assessment strategies in science are crucial for evaluating student understanding and guiding instruction. Effective techniques include regular quizzes, interactive lab activities, and peer reviews, which provide immediate feedback and help identify areas for improvement. Teachers can use formative assessments to adapt their teaching methods and address students’ needs more precisely. Incorporating tools like concept maps and exit tickets can also enhance the assessment process, making it more dynamic and responsive. For students juggling multiple subjects, including challenging accounting courses, finding reliable help is essential. Services like an accounting assignment helper can offer valuable support, ensuring that students can manage their workload effectively and maintain academic performance across all subjects. Combining robust formative assessment strategies with expert help can lead to more successful learning outcomes in both science and accounting.

Saloni2201
      Participant

Formative assessment to gauge Science should be taken at any and every juncture of possible intervention of the unit. Following the idea of multiple intelligence if students are given opportunity to express their ideas through their choice of medium it will result in more effective output. Also, FAs should be taken in the way that even we as educators are reflecting on our teaching. If majority of the class is answering a particular question wrong as educators we should take accountability and clarify misconception from student’s mind and reiterate the correct idea. Also, the helpful strategy that helps me to provide timely feedback to my students is to set timeline for checking and reviewing in class as part of your professional goal which holds accountability and I am able to reach out if help is required.

leostewart
      Participant

Misconceptions are the reason why students fail to complete their assignments. The trouble in understanding the topics makes it even harder for them to learn. Therefore, I always seek someone professional to write my MBA assignment so I can grasp the topic and learn from it.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.