Cambridge University Press (We, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as part of the Cambridge Teachers of Tomorrow Community will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.connectedtot.com (our Site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices
described in this policy.
protect against loss, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information you give us. You may give us information about you by registering, filling in forms or
completing activities on our Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This
includes when you participate in discussion boards/comments section or contribution with articles or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, subject area, school, e-mail address and phone number and any other details you provide.
– Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may
automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
o information about your visit, including the date and time of your last login, the full
Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date
and time); and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
– Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– Information you give to us. We will use this information:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Length of storage of your information
We store your personal information for as long as you remain in the community. We will normally store your information for at least two years following the last recorded transaction or interaction between us.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means the other parts
and departments of the University of Cambridge, including our and their subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cambridge University Press, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our service providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct any incorrect personal information we store about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us.
To ask for a copy of the information we hold, or to ask us to correct or otherwise alter our current
processing, please email us at email@example.com
Updated: Nov, 2017