Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Team Cambridge
      Keymaster

We would love to hear your tried and tested pedagogical strategies that support and promote wholesome learning.

Please feel free to share your pedagogical practices that you make use of in your classrooms.

Should you have any queries, this is the best platform with multiple experts on board. They will happily give their feedback and guide you.

Lalith
      Participant

Think Pair Share is an excellent strategy that can be used in the classroom, the students enhance their collaboration, cognitive, and communication skills during such pedagogical strategies.

Dr.VasudhaNeelMani
      Participant

At our school Rockwoods Udaipur, we employ a blended approach incorporating three primary pedagogical practices: active learning, where the emphasis lies on learning rather than mere activities; facilitation by the teacher, who guides students toward understanding without providing ready-made answers; and Bloom’s Taxonomy, which guides students on a journey from knowledge acquisition to comprehension and application. Our methodology also places significant emphasis on differentiation and reflective practices to cater to diverse learner needs and foster deeper understanding.

DhrupadBhatt
      Participant

I think most of the Thinking Routines are really helpful if used purposefully and mindfully. Separately, I feel that knowing more about the topic is very essential and interesting. By ‘knowing more’ I mean it not in terms of more content knowledge, but in terms of its historical and current applications and contexts, as these help the students understand the details better and also make it more interesting.

I also feel that as educators, it is essential to read extensively on diverse topics. This helps us empathise with the depth of knowledge that learners have to absorb and then also successfully put in practice as per assessment expectations and objectives.

As would be a fairly common practice now across various schools, we also plan integrated (across domain / subject) teaching along with more hands-on experiences as much as possible. Lastly, allowing students time and opportunities to absorb, reflect on and share their academics and lessons learnt helps them rejig their thought processes better.

SalfiaFayaz
      Participant

As a teacher, it’s important to recognize that what may seem like a small accomplishment to us, can be a huge achievement for our students. For example, for a kindergartner, writing a single letter may be a major success. By showing appreciation and acknowledging their efforts, we can encourage our students to strive for even greater accomplishments in the future.

When working with kindergarteners, it’s essential to focus on fun-based learning approaches. This not only makes lessons more engaging for the students, but it also helps them grasp complex concepts with ease. For primary and above grades, teaching methods such as cooperative learning, inquiry-based learning, and personalized learning are all effective ways to facilitate learning.

raukiya
      Participant

What works for me is to be collaborative, by communicating with my students, adapting to the needs.

Jaya
      Participant

At the end of the lesson, giving 5-10 minutes for self reflection time for my students in physics, has supported me to understanding about their learning for the day. As I wind up the class, ask students to write the answerse for these questions and share them with the class.

Start with a positive prompt:
      “I enjoyed learning today about… This encourages students to identify what resonated with them.
      Focus on clarity:
      “I am still not clear with this ______.” This allows students to pinpoint areas needing further explanation.
      Promote connections:
      “Were you able to make connections with the topic you learned today with other subjects like…?” This encourages students to see the bigger picture and identify interdisciplinary connections

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[snax_content]